14 June 2012

30 weeks

This week, 30 weeks pregnant, is the end of the 7th month. It also marks only 10 weeks left or 70 days (theoretically). OMGosh! I'm still boggled by the fact that I am pregnant and I think I am only believing it because this bump is hard to ignore these days.

Total Weight Loss/Gain: I know I looked at the scale on Wednesday morning, but now I can't remember if I now weigh 78 or 79 kilos (171,60 - 173,80 lbs). In any case, I'm not worried about it, although seeing my weight in pounds is a bit shocking, as I've never weighed that much in my life!

Maternity Clothes: Very few non-maternity clothes fit these days. Shirts are just too short and my pants just don't like to stay up on my hips even when I wear a belly band. It's a good thing I finally broke down and went to H&M on Tuesday to see what I could find. They were having a decent sale and I found 8 pieces of clothing for 67€!!! Half the items are maternity wear and half are not, although the non-mat clothes fit me still! One of the shirts I bought has pink in it, which if you know me, you know I don't generally wear pink. But I felt so cute trying it ont and think I look pretty darn cute in it. What do you think?
Stretch marks: Mr Siili has said that he noticed some stretch marks, but when pressed to state where he saw them, he doesn't remember. I think he was just seeing the ones I've had since my growth spurt during my teen years.

The top part of my belly button is flush with the rest of my tummy. I think pretty soon it is going to be an outtie! Eeew! *big grin*

Sleep: I sleep in about 3 hour incremints if I am lucky. During this last weekend, I was not sleeping well at all, but neither was Mr Siili, so I'm not usre if it was just me or something in the air. Also, we've been innundated with mosquitoes lately and that is making sleep more difficult with the annoying buzzing in our ears waking us up.

Movement: Paxlet is moving like crazy! On Tuesday he poked his head or rump into the right side of my tummy and decided that was a good place to stay, much to my dismay. It was quite uncomfortable. He's been doing more of those type of movements and actions, which I am very happy he is moving, but sometimes I wish he'd be a bit nicer to me. hehehe

Cravings/Aversions: Loving fruit!

Gender: It's a boy!!
I'm getting a bit stressed over the fact that we don't have any names picked out. I broke down crying about it Sunday. I mean, I don't expect to have THE names picked out now, but we don't even have any sort of idea of what we might like or want. No list, no nothing. Mr Siili keeps saying "we have time" or he tells me that let's worry about it when it becomes something to worry about (like when I would just try to engage him in a conversation before I got pregnant or even this last weekend).

Symptoms: My bump is getting in the way a lot lately! I keep forgetting that I need to have my body back farther when I open doors or cupboards and that I can't pick things up as close to my body like I used to.

I now believe I know what Braxton Hicks feel like and I am sure I am having them. Also, looking back, I am sure I have been getting some BH for a few weeks, but not nearly as often as this last week. The neuvola nurse had explained them as my tummy geting rock hard for a short bit and then going back to normal, which, I guess it has been doing that at times, but I was still feeling the layer of fat on my tummy, so not really realizing it was 'rock hard' underneath. I also think I was expecting something else. I'm not sure what, but maybe just not this. Anyway, when I get BH, my tummy feels "heavy" and a feeling of discomfort. It isn't painful as such, but it isn't comfortable either. Thankfully they don't stick around for too long and if I don't over do things, I get them less. Which I have been over doing things this week, so I've had more BH than I'd like.

What I miss: I miss being able to squat down and get up with easy, get out of bed easily or rolling over in my sleep. While these more limited movements or movements that take more thought are somewhat annoying, I don't begrudge them at all. It means I am pregnant and that Paxlet is growing inside of me like he should be. It is also a part of pregnancy and I get to experience it!

I also miss not having to pee as often. (It's been a while since I discussed this topic. lol)

What I look forward to: There's a huge list of stuff I look forward to this coming week.
Thursday: Today after work I'll meet up with a friend I haven't seen in a while. Unfortunately, we'll be disucssing IF stuff. I've had a feeling that they've been trying for some time and now that has been confirmed. I'm sorry she has to go through this too, but hopefully with some of the knowledge I've gained that she'll have less frustration and that it won't take her as long (not because of my info, but just that the treatments help her faster).
Friday: Last day of work for a week!
Sunday: My friends are throwing me a baby shower. I know it is Sunday and that people will start arriving around 3pm, but that's all.
Monday: I'm going to visit a co-worker who is on maternity/school leave. She's funny and great to chat with!
Tuesday: I'll have a breast feeding and child care course that is given through neuvola. (Yesterday was next the couple's course and it was boring! Plus, Mr Siili couldn't make it as he had a work function until late.)
Wednesday: I have another neuvola appointment. I'm not sure if I'll see the doctor or not, but it'll be nice to see my neuvola nurse one last time before she goes on holiday for the summer and I give birth. *ack*
The rest of the week and weekend are, as of yet, unplanned.

Moods: I've been a bit grumpy this last week, but I think part of that has to do with not as much sleep as I'd like, a grumpy Mr Siili and a bit of stress trying to clean, finish unpacking and organizing the house.

Milestones: Paxlet is the size of a squash, still! And he weighs as much as a medium sized cabbage head (1350 kg).
I don't see in my weekly pictures that my tummy has gotten bigger in the last few weeks, but I do feel like it is bigger if only because it seems to get in the way more.

Medical concerns: I had another yeast infection and have since treated it. Feeling much better.

Misc: Besides the name issue mentioned above, I'm starting to stress over other baby related things. Such as:
- we have a crib, but it isn't put together yet,
- the baby's room is full of cat stuff (3 scratching posts, litter box, food, a few boxes, etc), although I know it won't be too hard to clear it up (I hope!)
- I haven't washed the clothes from the maternity box, much less put any of them away, yet,
- we haven't picked up the car seat, but hopefully that will be taken care of next week,
- I haven't figured out what type of stroller I want and bought it yet,
- I haven't thought too much about cloth diapering, but I really want to give it a try,
- I haven't even thought of what sort of stuff I would want in the hospital, much less even thought about packing anything in a bag
- and most of all, I just don't know what I need for a baby! I'm worried I'm not going to have something that is needed or that I'm just going to all out fail. (I know this is mostly irrational fears, but they are still there.)

No "cat in the hat" in our house...but we do have a "cat in the ass". Poor Mansi has been made the butt (pun intended) of the joke in this picture Mr Siili took. This from my husband who abhores potty humour sure jokes about it and shares more of it than I (the American) ever do!

This week's bump pictures can be seen in the Paxlet Pictures tab. And I finally got the last couple of pictures posted (yesterday). There is no week 28, as it just never got taken.
Week 30 has been updated!!!
29 weeks
28 weeks
27 weeks
26 weeks
25 weeks
24 weeks
23 weeks
22 weeks
21 weeks
20 weeks
19 weeks
18 weeks
17 weeks
16 weeks
15 weeks
14 weeks
13 weeks
12 weeks
11 weeks
10 weeks
9 weeks
8 weeks
7 weeks