25 January 2012

10 weeks 0 days

I just realized last night and today that when I'm saying "X weeks", for example, today is 10 weeks and 0 days, it is really week 11 of my pregnancy. I suspected there was some 'different' counting going on, but it only just fully dawned on me now. ugh! In any case, I'm going to continue posting things the same, for now. Maybe at some point, when I understand it better or someone explains it to me so that I fully understand, I can change how I am counting things. But for now, it is 10 weeks and I'm writing about everything that happened during the last week.

Total Weight Loss/Gain: +1kg (starting 66kg)

Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but more of my pants are definitely getting tighter!

Stretch marks: None yet

Sleep: I love sleep! And I do need a decent amount, but I'm not nearly as exhausted as I was previously.

Movement: I read that Paxlet should be moving now, but I won't be feeling it for a while. I can't wait to start feeling s/he move.

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing so far. I'm still eating what I like and I do like sushi.

Gender: Still don't know.

Symptoms: Like last week, any previous symptoms that I had seem to have gone away. I have been a bit bloated-feeling lately. That's not so nice, but manageable. I did have a weird vision and dizziness thing happen Tuesday morning on the way to work. It was quite freaky and scared me a bit, but it hasn't happened since and from reading one of my books, it sounds quite normal.
I'm a bit emotional, but nothing overly dramatic, mostly just teary-eyed stuff. While watching American Idol, I started getting teary eyed and it wasn't even a sappy part either. WTF?

What I miss: Nothing.

What I look forward to: Two more weeks until 12 weeks and our first big ultrasound! (After that is when I'll announce it to all work people.) I'm still looking forward to having a pregnancy bump and feeling Paxlet move.

Moods: In general, I think my moods are mostly the same, at least on the outside. On the inside I'm definitely a bit nervous and apprehensive. I really really want this pregnancy to work out.
I wasn't feeling to hot Monday evening and most of Tuesday and it just made me nervous and well, not feeling well. It didn't help that Mr Siili was in a bad mood and barking at me and the cats. I think I'll need to tell him how it really did effect me, as I don't think he's quite understanding of how real this pregnancy is. I think it'll take until he sees me getting bigger or feels Paxlet move for him to really understand it. (And maybe when the stress of the loan and insurance stuff lessens a bit he can try to enjoy it a bit with me.)

Milestones: Paxlet is the size of a prune starting today! Go Paxlet!

Medical concerns: No serious ones. I think I need to be more careful about how much I walk. The hour to an hour and a half walks just make me hurt and not in a good way.
I have been wondering if I still have a yeast infection, but I'm not really leaking or itching, so I wonder if it is just maybe normal stuff. If it gets any worse or changes, I'll definitely talk to someone before our 12 week appointment.

Sex?: Once so far since all progesterone and yeast meds have been done with! It was probably one of the worst sexual experiences I've ever had with Mr Siili. I think I was just nervous and not totally in the mood. So, it hurt a little bit. :( Fingers crossed that next time is better!

Misc: I find myself getting nervous when I think about telling someone that I'm pregnant, even close friends.
I know everyone is going to be happy for us, but it still makes my heart race a bit beforehand.

9 weeks
8 weeks
7 weeks