06 January 2012

7 weeks 0 days, I think

From my calculations, I'm 7 weeks pregnant as of today. I sure as heck don't feel pregnant! I know my pee tests came up positive 3 weeks ago, but I'm still having a hard time believing it's true. I think it will take until Monday when I go in for my first appointment for me to really start believing. But until that time, I'm starting to dread that appointment (and maybe even be a little bit excited) more and more. I'm just sure that when I go in for my appointment they are going to tell me my body is just playing tricks on me and there is actually nothing there.

Part of the reason that I'm having a hard time realizing I'm pregnant is that I don't think I have that much of pregnancy symptoms. They only symptoms I think I have are very sore and somewhat enlarged breasts, tiredness (it is dark and wintery), some twingy-twitchiness in my stomach sometimes, not being able to cross my arms across my stomach as it makes me feel yucky, some short-in-duration not-really-nausea feelings but they are sometimes helped if I eat, while other times I can't stand the thought of food and no period! So, when should I start feeling pregnant? and when "should" a woman start getting morning sickness? Yes, I know it doesn't have to be in the morning, which my not-really-nausea bouts come at all times of the day... But if these things that I'm feeling are going to be my version of morning sickness, I think I'm the luckiest pregnant girl alive!

Just a few more days until Monday and then we'll find out what's really going on inside of me. For the first time ever in my life, I sure hope this weekend goes by quickly.