22 October 2011

October ICLW

IComLeavWe
Welcome to another round of  ICLW. Can you believe it is October already! And it's two-thirds of the way over at that! Where has this year gone?! Wait, I know that answer: IVF #2, FET #1, summer break (from medical help TTC), a work trip to Shanghai, FET #2 and now waiting for IVF #2 starting next month.

I was thinking what I could say about myself for an ICLW intro that I haven't said before here, here or here and I think I've got it! Here are some of my hopes and dreams that I want for myself.

At the top of my list:
- Get pregnant (and have a child or possibly even children).

And in no particular order:
- Learn a new language. I speak Finnish and remember some words/phrases in Spanish. I think I'd like to learn Russian or Chinese.

- Travel more. I still need to visit Scotland, Egypt, Hungary and China for a second time.

- Learn to knit as well as my mom did. I know that means I need to just pick up the needles and try some patterns, but I haven't gotten there yet. For now, I'm just wearing the hats and scarves she made.

- Build an even better relationship with my husband, Mr Siili.

- Continue practicing Taekwon-do. I loved doing it, but with going to fertility treatments, I was concerned about hits and kicks to the stomach, so I've stopped for now. I will take it up again someday.

- Open my own coffee house / used bookstore. I think this will most likely stay unrealized, but that's ok, it sure is fun dreaming about it.

What is one of your hopes or dreams?


It has taken me over 24 hours to write this post. I started yesterday while I was at work and just didn't have time. By the time I got home from work, I was too tired to get on the computer and today (Saturday), I spent my morning trying to not get up and go take care of my friend's two cats, then at the thrift store buying 9 items of clothing for 9€ and finally Mr Siili and I watched some tv shows, which leads me to just now, at 7:30 pm, to just finishing up this post. Life just gets in the way sometimes, but that is ok, most of the time.