22 August 2011

August ICLW


Welcome to August's ICLW. I hope you enjoy this week, find some new blogs to follow and reconnect with old friends. I truly enjoy ICLW and look forward to it each month! I hope to see you around.

Fall has arrived here in Finland. I hope your summer has been good and warm to you (unless you are in the southern hemisphere, I hope your winter wasn't too cold). The sun is still warm when it isn't rainy, but you can definitely feel the nip and chill to the air, especially in the mornings and at night. The trees haven't started turning yet, but I'm sure they will start changing soon. Even though I love summer, I also love the colors of fall.

A tiny bit about me:
I'm 35 and Mr Siili (DH) will be 37 on Tuesday. We've been TTC for 3 years, as of this month. AF arrived today in full force, making this the start of cycle #39. We've been on break this summer from treatments and I know this cycle is completely out as I'll be out of the country during O, but cycle #40 will hopefully be an FET cycle.
If you want to read more about who I am and my TTC journey so far, you can click the tabs above.



And just because I like to share a bit of fun stuff for my intro ICLW post, here are some random questions that I found on a friend's blog:

What is bothering you right now?
My neck! I slipped and fell a week ago, went to the chiropractor on Friday and my neck spasmed this evening. It hurts like crazy! Thankfully I have another chiro appointment on Wednesday!

Do you like celebrity magazines?
No, not really.

When was the last time you were ill?
Last year some time.

Who owns you?
My cats.

One place you’d love to visit?
Scotland.

Did you skip school?
Yes.

Ever played an instrument?
Flute and a tiny bit of piano.

Favourite alcoholic drink?
I don't really like alcohol, but sometimes I'll go for a pear cider.

Do you follow fashion?
Nope.

What colour are your eyes? Do you like that colour?
Green and sometimes more grey than green. Yes!

What is the furthest you have travelled from your home? How far was it?
I grew up on the west coast of the USA and I moved to Finland. I have no idea how far that is, but it's about half way around the world

What is the coldest temperatures you have experienced? Where were you?
I've survived -30C / -22F with wind chills in Finland.

What is the hottest temperatures you have experienced? Where were you?
Probably something like 106F / 41C when I was visiting relatives in California.

Do you like long train/car journeys?
Sometimes.

Have you ever considered writing a novel?
Nope.

Have you ever punched someone in the face?
Yes. I've trained/practiced and competed in Taekwon-do.

What is your sense of humour like?
A bit of this and that.

Are you a good person?
I like to think I am.