06 June 2011

WoooHooooo!

According to Blogger, this is my 100th post. How's that for a Monday? But the real reason for my happy title is that I went to BodyCombat today and man, oh man, alive! I love love LOVE the new program!!!

This new BodyCombat program is all about Taekwon-do (kicks) and some Muay thai (standing, up close fighting) movements. There are tons and tons of kicks! The combo of them is fun and different. The music is good (as usual). And I really got a work out! After today's class I was thoroughly sweaty, red-faced and slightly out of breath. I know my buttocks will be sore in the next day or two. Woohoo!

On the other hand, I really do miss Taekwon-do training, but with IF treatments taking quite a bit of time and and not wanting to risk being kicked or hit in the stomach during the 2WW, I've opted to not practice TKD for some time now. Going to BodyCombat at the gym is my alternative and a great way to get aggression out of my system. hehe. BodyCombat was also what I was doing before I tried TKD and found that I love it! I would love to participate in competitions again. I wasn't very good at the patterns (tul), especially in competition, but they are fun to learn. I did love the sparring part of competitions. Doing high kicks to my opponents head and winning my fight (and gold) was an awesome feeling!!