05 June 2011

Sunday soup

It's Sunday evening, which means I should think a little bit about preparing for work tomorrow. And I so don't want to! The weekends are never long enough, especially when its been a nice and sunny one. Saturday was windy as could be, although it was still warm. Hubby and I were too lazy to walk to the store (excuse was the wind), so we first drove to where our house is being built (only 50 more weeks or so left) and then to the food stores. Today was much less windy and we headed to the local university lawn to lay out. We were good and used suntan lotion. I did seem to miss the area right under my swimsuit top and got an itty-bit of pink, but not more than that. The rest of the weekend has been spent reading and watching a few TV shows (Castle, Sanctuary and Dresden Files). I even did a few loads of laundry. Yay me! Now only if the dishes would get done.

Here are a few things that have been bouncing around in my head the last few days:
-June 1st was Mel's birthday (Happy Birthday!) at Stirrup Queens. She did a b-day give-away and I won (1 of 4 prizes)! The company that sponsored the give-away doesn't want to ship to Finland (happens often), so it'll be shipped to my mom's address in the US. Hopefully I'll get it some month.

-I noticed this weekend that I'm feeling much better about my body. The discomfort in my lady bits is gone and so are the bloating feelings. During this almost year and a half of IF treatments, I've not noticed too much in the way of side effects. Sure, I've had some moodiness and bloating, but most of it has gone away quite quickly. This last time around though, I was feeling majorly bloated for quite some time. I just don't think I realized it until last week. But thankfuly the bloated feeling had gone away and so has a kilo or two! Now I just need to get myself back in the gym (again) and tone that tummy and waist area.

-Hubby and I went out for dinner out this evening. We had hamburgers. Meh, they were ok, but I don't think I'll be wanting to eat there again any time soon.

-Last night as hubby and I were watching some TV shows, we got on the topic of how we wanted our body dealt with when we die. We both agreed on being cremated. But I said I wanted to be an organ donor first. He said that would be a good thing, as he didn't think they'd be able to do much with a person's organ after they were cremated. In addition, when I said "I think my US driver's license says I'm an organ donor" he told me that I don't know how to play one and that I couldn't be one as I don't have one (an organ, the piano type one). We both had a good laugh over that. And those are the types of things my hubby says all the time. He's very good at word play and something I love him for.

-Workshadowing started last week at work and will still continue until the beginning of August. Workshadowing is what we call teaching a job to someone new so they can take the job back to their office. I workshadowed in the US and brought the work/job here to Finland. Now the Chinese are workshadowing us and taking the work back to China. I'm a bit bummed because I love what I'm teaching and a bit sad it'll be leaving me. But, I am thankful that my job with the company will continue, for now.

-Later this month, I'll be going to another Postcrossing meeting. This time I'll be catching a ride with a couple and we'll go to the Verla Groundwood and Board Mill, which is a UNESCO world heritage site. I'm excited to check out another UNESCO site in Finland and to see an interesting part of history.

-PGH appointment on Tuesday. I don't think I'll O until around Sunday. So, I wonder if they'll want to try to do the FET before (Friday) or just after (Monday)? I guess I'll have to wait and see.