19 June 2011

Playing catch up on sleep

Why is it that every Sunday evening through Thursday evening I can't seem to get to bed until midnight or later? But come Friday night, I'm ready to crawl into bed at 10pm! That doesn't mean I am always in bed that early, but I'm usually dragging by that point. This Friday was no exception. It is also why I didn't blog on Friday, I was just too tired!

I had several things I wanted to say, but I'll just stop with one for now and the rest tomorrow. I was called into my bosses office on Friday and she told me to close the door and sit down. Once I had done that she said "You're getting a raise!". Woohoo! I like this sort of reason for being called into the bosses office. This bit of raise came about from the strikes we had earlier this year. Everyone in the industry will get a 1,5% increase and then there is a 1% increase to be dispersed local as the discretion of bosses. And I happen to be one of the lucky ones that got part of the 1%. Talk about a good way to start the weekend.

And now I'm off to bed, again.