21 January 2012

January ICLW

Welcome to January's International Comment Leaving Week.

I've been playing FB games sitting here for quite some time trying to figure out what to say for this month's ICLW intro post. And I still have no idea. As usual, I am amazed that 2/3 of the month has gone by already. Where did it go?

A bit about me for those who are new here: I'm 35 and a half years old, Mr Siili (my husband) is 37 and a half years young (or maybe it's the other way around). We've got two furball cats, that are sweet, lovable and cuddle-bugs. I'm pregnant with our first kid and that is due in late August. It took us 3,5 years to get here and I'm beyond thrilled about it, now that I'm finally believing that I'm actually pregnant! We will be signing the loan papers for our new house on Monday (for real this time) and we move in in about 5 months. We're both employed, finally! (I've been a the same company/job almost 4 years and he's been at his job since the beginning of the year after getting his PhD almost a year ago.)
We're just your normal average couple trying to live our lives.

Let me know you stopped by. A quick 'hello' will do. Or if you want to say a little something more, tell me what your weather's been like lately.

Here in Finland, we've finally gotten winter weather: cold and snow, plus some winter storms with wind. It took a long time to get here, but it's beautiful! Especially when I can choose to stay inside and watch it from the window or prepare myself beforehand to head out into it for a nice walk.

And just because, here's a few photos I've taken during the last week or so. Excuse the quality, they were taken with my camera phone.

The bus coming to take me away to work.
Walking across the railway bridge to work after I got off the bus.
Attached to the railway bridge divider-wall. I walked past this for 2 weeks before taking a picture and the following day, it was gone. Hahah 
Walking home from the stores: by the little pond/lake. It's 8pm.
Still walking home, but this is next to some buildings with light. I love these trees!