04 July 2011

Tearful, bleh day

I have several ideas for posts that I want to write, but I'm just not in the mood today. For today has been one of those teary and bleh-type days. My own waterworks started this morning as I was taking a shower and have continued off and on throughout the day (sort of like the weather). I was teary as I arrived for work, but then threw myself into work and didn't really have time to think about much else. At lunch I saw my big boss for the first time in weeks. She gave me a hug and told me she was sorry for my loss. I told her thank you and then I just wasn't sure what to say, because all I could think of was telling her how today was one of the bad days. So, lunch time left me a bit down feeling. After lunch, my lack of a good night's sleep and the tail end of jetlag hit me. Yet I still had several hours to go at work. I was the last one to leave from my floor. On my way down the stairs, I stopped one floor below to see if a co-worker was there. She was. We talked and cried a bit. (She just lost her dad just before I lost my mom. She also lost her mom a year ago.) Once I got home, I just wanted to hug DH, but he was cooking. I tried hugging our cat Rusty, but he didn't want to be held, just petted. So here I am sitting in front of the computer, still feeling a bit sad. So, yeah, today has been one of those days. A teary, tearful and bleh day.
Tomorrow has to be better.