29 September 2011

CD13 and a better day

aka Thankful Thursday

Today is CD13 of my cycle and also the day I was told to start POAS to test for O. After all the trouble I went through to get the pee-sticks yesterday, I had to test one last night. Besides, what girl can resist peeing on a stick when it is in her vicinity?! I know it was late (midnight) to be testing and that I wasn't going to test that late the rest of the time, but I just couldn't help it. The test line was quite faint, but it was there. Today though, the test line was much darker, but still not darker than the control. Fingers crossed for a darker test line tomorrow or this weekend so I can call the clinic to schedule my transfer for next week.
I know yesterday's post was quite horrible, dreary and just down and out negative. That was exactly how I was feeling though. Today, on the other hand, has been much better. While I've still had a few small bouts of sadness, I've been much chipper and in a pleasant mood. I actually meant my smiles when I smiled today.

I'm not quite sure what got me into my horrible funk yesterday. Sure thinking about and missing my mom can do it. So can upcoming O-time hormones. But I really don't know what triggered it, nor why it wouldn't go away the entire day. Bleh.All I know is that I'm not feeling that way today and for that I am very thankful!

In honor of feeling perkier and it being Thursday (for 37 more minutes), here's a few things I'm thankful for at the moment:
- Mr Siili cooked dinner before I got home, so all I had to do was re-heat it.
- I had 2 tv series ready for me to watch this evening. (Again, thanks to Mr Siili.)
- I had a snuggly kitty on my lap while watching my shows.
- I stayed 2 hours extra at work (boo), but I feel confident that I've sorted the customer's account out much better than it had been in ages. One more thing to cross of my to do list!
- It's Thurs-night! Only one more day of work until the weekend.
- I wore my new bra today and it didn't bug me once! It also has a cute little jewel right in the middle.
- I'm going to bed now! I'm aiming to be in bed and asleep before midnight.