24 September 2011

Sniffly Saturday

That's right, I've been lucky enough to get my first cold of the season. Ugh!

Thursday after work I could feel the sniffles and early cold-like itches creeping up on me as night came on. Then as I went to bed, my eyes felt that telltale feverish burning of an oncoming cold. By Friday morning I knew I was sick, although I wasn't feeling too horrible just yet. I still went to work and worked my entire shift and then some because my co-worker who was supposed to stay until 6pm was out of the office with his sick daughter. It was a long sneezy, sniffly, runny nose day that wasn't made any more fun by having a fuzzy and addled brain. At least Mr Siili was up for Subway so I didn't have to cook. As if he'd want me cooking food with snot running out my nose every time I looked down.

Today I woke up on my own schedule (around 10), lazed in bed a bit and then Mr Siili and I went to take our weekly pictures of the progress on our house and then to the food store. After that we came home, got food and sat down in front of our respective computers.

At one point I decided to get my laptop out and try to update it as I haven't used it quite some time (70 days by the update manager's calculation). That caused a stupid argument between Mr Siili and I. Needless to say, I'm not to pleased with that situation or him at the moment. Computer is finally updated and I'm too tired to download the pictures from my camera to my computer now.

Later this evening we'll head to sauna and then possibly watch a few tv shows. It's going to be a quiet and recovering weekend for me. I hope everyone else has a better weekend than I am having.

14 comments:

  1. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from ICLW (#19) and thanks for stopping by mine! I love that you are heading to sauna for the evening. It sounds amazing. My husband and I try to go at the gym we belong to here in the states. Although we have fought with it somewhat because I worry that it will affect his swimmers. Oh, the joys of infertility, huh? Best wishes in your next endeavor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, looks like it is time for some good old chicken soup! I hope you get over the cold soon!

    iclw #39

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. Sauna was very nice. Perfect for a chill day and sniffly cold.
    Sauna can and does affect swimmers, but it must not affect them all as there are still lots of babies born here. :D But maybe for us IFers we do need to watch it more. I believe we have had a comment or two from the clinic doctors about not going sometimes, but thankfully Mr Siili doesn't seem to have any problems with his swimmers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! We were too lazy to make chicken soup last night, but I have been drinking lots of black current juice and tea. And I'm definitely feeling better, just not 100% yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Sadly, I'm having the SAME EXACT weekend. Finally broke down and hauled my behind to the doctors. A lot of rest and several reality shows later I'm beginning to feel a bit better. Cheers to a better week! Best, Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get better soon! I also was sick two weeks ago, regular cold but that thing stuck around for a while. I was miserable. Today is the first day since that I've felt normal and think it finally fully went away, I hope! I don't think anything works better than rest, which I did not get to do. So if you can . . . rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you got to rest up during the weekend and feeling better now. It's no fun being floored by a nasty cold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you needed the doctor to help you get better! Mr Siili and I also watched some tv shows. I'm sure laughter helped me get better quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Cyndi. I'm feeling so much better now. I think I'll even head to the gym tomorrow (Wed).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you. Feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete