* I am so glad I had this last week off from work. I really needed the time to recharge my battery and recover from the horrendous flu from the week before.
* I'm still coughing (up junk), but it is much better. I know this cough is going to linger for quite some time, it's one of those coughs.
* On Saturday, Mr Siili and I drove to the store (instead of walking) to get food. It would have been good to get out and stretch my legs, but we bought 3 bottles of soda and it was easier to transport them home that way. Plus, it was the only way to get Mr Siili to go with me. :)
* On Saturday I tried 2 new recipes: kanakookoskeitto (chicken coconut milk soup) and Great Harvest Whole Wheat Bread Copycat which I found on Eat Cake for Dinner. The soup was ok, but I don't think I'll be making it again. At least not any time soon. The bread, on the other hand, was yummy and Mr Siili devoured the last few slices this evening. I didn't quite follow the recipe (I read the flour type wrong), but it turned out amazing anyway. For some reason I kept thinking the flour was supposed to be graham instead of whole wheat. Don't ask where I came up with graham, as it is no where on the blog post or recipe!
|I put our initials on the bread. Cute, eh?|
* I also made a Muzzy's Cheesecake. This recipe is from the coffeehouse I worked at for several years when I was younger. The coffeehouse was one of my first real jobs and I still have fond memories of the place. Plus, I have many of the amazing recipes that we used there. I had thought of possibly freezing part of it so we'd have some for later, but more than half of it has already been eating today alone.
|I forgot to take a picture of it before cutting into it.|
* To try and drown out some of the noise, Mr Siili and I had a TV show marathon this weekend. We watched some Big Bang Theory, New Girl, Nikita, Dexter, Broke Girls, Once Upon a Time and possibly something else. We didn't watch too many Dexter episodes, at least night right before bed, as the last few times I've had strange dreams/nightmares from that show.
|What would you do if you had a cute cat on your lap?|
* And now it's time for bed. I've hardly thought about work this last two weeks, but it's now time to get back into the grind. I can't wait to see (sarcasm here) what sort of mess has been left behind for me.