02 February 2012

Socks alive!

This post has been a few days in the making, but I've just been so exhausted once I get home, that I just don't have the energy to do anything extra. (And I've been quite busy at work that it has been hard to post there. *bad me* It took me an entire shift to write 11 weeks.) But today, I'm going to get this posted and then crawl into bed.
At the end of last year, Cristy at Searching four our silver lining had a sign up for a fertility sock exchange. I'd see people do this on other blogs, but I either didn't find it in time or I just didn't sign up. This time, I jumped right in and signed up!

I was partnered with Still hoping at Hope Delayed. And earlier this week, I received a package from her with not one, nor two, but 3 pairs of socks in it!! I LOVE love these socks! They are the perfect colors for me, the designs are awesome and I was recently thinking about needing some new short socks. Talk about perfect all around.

The first picture is me wearing two pairs of the socks at work. (I do have pants on, I just hiked them up and out of the way for the picture.) And the bottom picture is the pair I haven't worn yet, with the card Still hoping sent too.
Funny thing is, I sent argyle socks to Still hoping too!

Thank you, Christy, for organizing this exchange. Thank you, Still hoping, for being my partner in this exchange!


I'm off to bed now!
But first, I realized that maybe I should explain the title of this post. *grin* Growing up, often times when my dad (he started it) or one of us kids would take our socks off, we'd wad them up and throw them at one another, yelling "socks alive!". If you knew my family and their stinky feet, you'd know these socks definitely were alive!!! (Thankfully, I didn't inherit that gene.) And now, you know the rest of the story.
And I'm really off to bed now.