23 December 2011

Xmas eve's eve

It's late and I'm exhausted, so a short post from me.

Tomorrow, Mr Siili, the cats and I will be heading to the in-laws for the next 4 days. I like my in-laws a lot, so it is generally nice to go and visit. I really want to tell them and my family that we're finally pregnant, but being that it is too early, we most likely won't, unless something happens that makes it necessary.

I still haven't gotten my act together and actually made the cookies I've been meaning to make for the last week. I did measure out the ingredients and put it in containers so i could quickly make them up once we reach the in-laws. But I have a feeling the 1,5 hour drive is going to drain me something fierce. (When I don't drive much, the longer than around town distances exhaust me.) Oh well...I can only do what I can do.

Most everything is packed, cats excluded. They'll be packed just before we get in the car tomorrow morning. They are so not going to be happy about this. Hah, same thing every time. Rusty lets us know most of the trip the indignities he's being put through and how undignified it is to be stuffed in a carrier and forced to ride in a car. Although, he does enjoy the end result. Mansi will squeak out a protest a few times throughout the trip, but I think it is more of a faux show in solidarity towards her bigger brother.

I'm planning on taking lots of pictures to share what a typical-ish Finnish xmas is like. Let's see if I can get that done. (I still haven't done a single thing about my Shanghai pictures from Aug/Sept!)